Today, at around 5:20 pm, while walking in Masthots Park on Aram Street, Yerevan, the leader of Adekvad movement Artur Danielyan was attacked by the Vice-President of the Naitonal Assembly of RA Alen Simonyan. The latter hit Danielyan in the face, breaking his nose. As a result, Artur Danielyan turned to self-defense. The fact that Alen Simonyan started the fight is confirmed in his own interview with “Azatutyun” radio station. Currently, Arthur Danielyan is in Erebuni Medical Center and has the status of a detainee.
1. We demand the release of the video footage of the incident. What took place was yet another provocation by the government. The ruling power was unable to provoke us through hooligans in Maralik and to prosecute us based on that, the ruling power was unable to provoke us through the criminal element, the ruling power was unable to provoke us through sending “fake Jesuses” to our head office, the ruling power was unable to provoke us through relentless swearing. Hence the ruling power turned to their heavy artillery – to the Deputy Speaker of the NA, who, after his effort to provoke failed, attacked and hit Artur Danielyan, who was demonstratively holding his hands behind his back. Currently this incident is being presented as an attack on a government official.
2. We condemn the fact that the Vice-Speaker, for two days in a row already, has been behaving in a manner befitting a hooligan. At the same time, we do not regret that the person who was committing hooliganism has received a worthy response, if you will, a punishment.
3. The full responsibility of the situation lies with the ruling power and, Alen Simonyan, in particular.
4. Alen Simonyan was the first to use physical force, which is recorded both in the videos and by the witnesses and in the interview given by Alen Simonyan himself to RFE / RL. Accordingly, Alen Simonyan is not a victim, he provoked a clash, and he is responsible for the consequences, including the consequences for his own health.
5. We condemn outrage and permissiveness. Moreover, we reaffirm our intolerance of such behavior and state of affairs, and henceforth we will severely punish all such manifestations of trespassing on us.
6. In the Republic of Armenia, the Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly attacks the political opponents of the government. In broad daylight, in public, in front of many witnesses. This is the bastion of democracy which we live in.
Publish the video!